– To develop and expand leadership roles for women.
– To preserve and support working family farms and ranches.
– To enrich and promote rural communities.
– To recognize and cultivate a strong work ethic.
– To encourage and build self-reliance, especially for women.
– To educate the public on the importance of maintaining traditional work skills.
– To provide opportunities for people with different perspectives to connect, build bridges, and discover common ground.
The Foundation is supported by the Red Ants Pants Music Festival.
Red Ants Pants Music Festival
Come connect wiht good folks and celebrate rural Montana. Join us for four days of fun each July up in White Sulphur Springs. Save the date for our next Festival – July 25-28, 2019! More information here.
With proceeds from the 2017 Red Ants Pants Music Festival, $15,000 in grants were awarded in 2018 to eight organizations from across the state whose projects were in line with the mission of the Red Ants Pants Foundation. Check out the grant recipients here.
Thanks to ticket sales and donations from past Red Ants Pants Music Festivals, the foundation has now given more than $100,000 in mission-based community grants!
Our Timber Skills Workshops continue to be a huge success!
Generally, our Timber Skills Workshops begin on a Thursday evening and finish up early afternoon on Sunday (after a celebratory lunch)! With nearly three full days to learn and practice, even participants who have never touched a chainsaw before will leave feeling confident that they can safely perform basic chain saw techniques. We are now offer Carpentry 101 in addition to Chainsaw 101.
Our Timber Skills Workshops are limited to 12 participants (first come, first served) and all applicants must be 18 years of age or older. The cost is $450 per person, covering food (fully catered – yum!), materials, course equipment, and instruction. We welcome applicants of all walks of life – this course is designed for beginner and intermediate users.
Our 2018 Timber Skills Workshop will take place September 20-23, 2018.
Women’s Leadership Workshops
We are in the development stages of women’s leadership workshops. Stay tuned! Click here if you are interested in learning more.