- To develop and expand leadership roles for women
- To preserve and support working family farms and ranches
- To enrich and promote rural communities
- To recognize and cultivate a strong work ethic
- To encourage and build self-reliance, especially for women
- To educate the public on the importance of maintaining traditional work skills
- To provide opportunities for people with different perspectives to connect, build bridges, and discover common ground
The Foundation is supported by the Red Ants Pants Music Festival
With proceeds from the 2012 Red Ants Pants Music Festival, $12,000 in grants were awarded in 2013 to fifteen organizations from across the state whose projects were in line with the mission of the Red Ants Pants Foundation. Check out the grant recipients here.
Our June 2013 Timber Skills Workshop was a huge success!
This year’s June Timber Skills Workshop began Thursday, June 13th at 6:00 pm and finished up at 1:00 pm on Sunday, June 16th (after a celebratory lunch)! With nearly three full days to learn and practice, even participants who had never touched a chain saw before, left feeling confident that they could safely complete basic chain saw techniques.
Our Timber Skills Workshops are limited to 12 participants (first come, first served) and all applicants must be 18 years of age or older. The cost is $250 per person, covering food (fully catered – yum!), materials, course equipment, and instruction. We welcome applicants of all walks of life – this course is designed for beginner and intermediate users (all genders welcome). Click here if you are interested in participating in the 2014 Timber Skills Workshop!
Women’s Leadership Workshops
We are in the development stages of women’s leadership workshops. Stay tuned!